Jr. System Administrator
Who we are: Axom Technologies is a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned, Small Business that was founded over 10+ years ago based on the idea of delivering quality expert services while supporting national security. Throughout the years Axom has been nationally recognized for several awards that were based around quality, program support, company growth and success. We pride ourselves on being able to swiftly adapt to new project needs and to rapidly changing conditions in the worlds of defense, security and intelligence. We relish opportunities to produce outstanding technical products and services for our clients.
Why Axom? Axom Technologies offers an opportunity to work on exciting programs within the fields of Software Development, Cyber, IT, and Mission Support. Axom utilizes cutting edge technologies and continuously seeks to develop innovative tools not on the market today. We offer a diversified customer portfolio that allows our employees to grow their technical muscles and produce work they can engage in and are proud of. Our most tenured employees have stayed here because they have experienced exciting technical and mission projects all while being part of a small business environment that puts the employee first. Axom offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits, enticing 401k options and opportunities for career advancements. Check us out and see why we are one of the area's fastest growing Government Contractors!
Benefits / Axom Team Perks: Axom always seeks top tiered talent and expect their very best performance. In return, we offer a welcoming environment for our team to not only be successful, but to also thrive in. We are passionate about our team, our work, and our achievements.
- Competitive and above market value salaries.
- Comprehensive health insurance plan.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company paid contribution (up to 6% of your salary, immediately vested. No waiting!)
- Annual bonus plan.
- Flexible work schedules.
- 4 weeks Paid Time Off, plus 10 Federal holidays.
- Generous referral bonuses.
- Performance-based spot bonuses.
- Company outings to local sporting events, company picnics, luncheons, intramural sports, open-houses and other various company sponsored events.
- Paid training – if you need it, you get it! We also offer access to an extensive online course catalog for unlimited training options.
- Room for growth and expansion of skill sets– Axom has over 20 funded contracts supporting various customers.
Axom Technologies is currently seeking a talented Jr. Systems Administrator to join our growing team! The ideal candidate will have system engineering experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity within the Federal Government.
The Jr. Systems Administrator will perform the following tasks:
• System backups and recovery, maintain user accounts and data files, monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity, install hardware and software, conduct system upgrades, evaluate and install patches, and resolve software and security related problems.
• Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems.
• Manages IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices,etc
• Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
• Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
• Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process.
• Configures and manages UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
The Junior System Administrator shall meet the following:
• Two (2) years combined experience in system administration, which shall have been obtained within a professional setting.
• Experience with Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
• Proficiency in administering Operating Systems (e.g. Windows, LINUX, Unix)
• Familiarity with Virtualization technologies; and file storage administration.
• Support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc
• Demonstrated experience in software development in scripted languages (e.g. Perl, Python, Ruby) is desirable but not required.
A Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline or four (4) years demonstrated systems administration experience.
Axom Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright © 2016 by Axom Technologies Inc. All rights reserved.